Bolted Lettuce

Daughter Has Pigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Please don’t reply unless you are 100% certain, these little piggies are the world to my daughter.
I have bolted romaine lettuce. There seems to be two camps, and they both seem to be of amateur level knowledge so I am looking for someone who knows for sure: can her piggies have the stems and leaves of bolted lettuce?

Yes it's safe to feed, I have given mine bolted lettuce quite a few times. The red leaf I grew this year all bolted and they got all of them. Bolting just makes it taste bitter, the leaves are tougher, but it is still edible.

Yes it's safe to feed, I have given mine bolted lettuce quite a few times. The red leaf I grew this year all bolted and they got all of them. Bolting just makes it taste bitter, the leaves are tougher, but it is still edible.
Stem too? Its about 3 feet high

Stem is fine, but if it has flowers please remove them. Usually they get picked before that happens though.....

It is safe to fed it all, my herds get s them all the time as l grow far too many, between the piggies and chooks they eat the lot.

Back