• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bokki has a cut nail

• Thread starter Thread starter claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claire

Hi Everyone

When i was clipping Bokkis nail i accidently clipped it too far and his nail is bleeding really bad.

Is there anything i can do?

I feel so bad :(

Dont feel bad,it cant be helped and theyre awkward to cut
it happens to everyone

Poor Bokki. He knows you didn't mean it.

Lots of kisses should get round him ;D

I had to put him in the bath as Bokki being Bokki decided to use his cut nail to touch his nose and under his chin. ::)

He seems fine now though, it seems to have a little scab on it.

Can they get infections in it?

Aww, the little love! ;)

Not usual to get infections lovey, it should completely heal up soon and you wont even notice it was there :)

from Jollyes they due a yellow powder for cuts that wont stop bleeding you dip a cotton bud (damp) intot eh powder and then hold onto cut it stops immedicatly and its antesptic , I would never cut nails with out it out ready, it does make you feel so bad does'nt it, I think its called blood stopper in a white tub with a red lid about the size of a film canister , another thing for you all to add to your medical box,

Today he can't put any pressure on his paw that has the cut and he keeps falling over, is there anything i can do? Its the very inside nail, is this the one they use to balance, everything else is fine and hes eating and drinking and everything is flowing fine.

Can i do anything for him? I'm so worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back