Boars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamolly123

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i am so cross I went into a garden centre attached to pet corner, & there were 2 boars, that they were desperate to rehome I wouldn't normally get boars but they had been stuck in that place, they wanted to home them as they had been there since January, beautiful boys. They wanted them to have a home, & someone to love them, the price was £48 no deductions for the age. So I couldn't afford that & they wouldn't waver. Poor things between the hours 5pm & 9am these boys were stuck in roughly a 20"x18 cages. I am so sad that I had to leave them.

I understand why you feel sad but, you really wouldn't have been doing any long term good by buying these Guinea Pigs as the pet shop would simply replace their stock and get more.

They have loads of babies they won't sell the adults, nobody wants adults. Well apart from people in this group.
I've mailed them & I told them to take them to a rescue, & on to a new owner. I've also told them for 2 adults the size of the cage doesn't meet the RSPCA guide lines

Another well known pet store does the same thing, my Mum asked if they were in there all of the time, the person said oh no they are in here during the day and go out the back at night, it wouldn't be fair on them, but what she should remember is, they are open for roughly `12 hours per day.

Very sorry you weren't able to purchase the boys, it's good you've emailed them though, lets hope they are responsible and rehome them.

You would have thought they would have been happy that someone was interested in them.

I've 9 guinea's, I've taken all ages, I really don't mind, I just want to give them a good home (not having anymore though due to various reasons).

It's not fair is it.My local pets at home rehome but the money they get goes to a couple if animal rescues.The pet shop I have boycotted rehome and sells those cheaper too.It's just pure greed, they don't care about the welfare of the animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back