Boar Cleaning - What Products To Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've heard that you can use mineral oil or personal lubricant to clean inside a boars anal sack with Q tips. What products do you use? I've just been using newborn baby wipes so far, but I think I'm going to try using Q tips with some sort of lubricant. What products are safe? Is baby oil ok?

Thanks in advance

I personally use a q tip too although you have to be VERY careful, do not poke it right inside, just use it around the edge to tease out debris such as bits of hay. It doesnt hurt them but it will if you go too far in.
There's a great video on you tube, and it was posted here once, you could try searching for it?
I use baby oil and baby wipes or damp tissues.
I find it's only necassery in older boars or boys that may especially like dragging their bums along the cage floor, otherwise they will keep them selves pretty clean :)

Yes I'll have a look for it thanks. Rohan's bum has been getting very smelly and full of bits these past few months so he's needed a bum clean every 3-4 weeks.

I didn't know that it could hurt the it you go deeper inside, ill be careful. Thanks for the tips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back