Boar Bum And Belly Baths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex2016

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just read the very informative thread on how to clean your g pig but I had a few questions, what shampoo do you use ? Do you use a soonge or just your hands ?

My boars are soooooo messy for some reason lately they undersides become very dirty :(

I just use warm water and my hands. Gentle shampoos like a baby one or specific small animal one is a good idea. Gorgeous Guineas do some specifically formulated for guinea pigs and their 'just for boars' one smells lovely and they are very safe....

Shampoos

Boars go through phases I think with messiness. And some boars are always messier than others. Hair type and bedding play a big part in it too...

Thanks ! I will have a browse now, they seem to have gotten worse with fleece but it's the same time there hitting terrible teens !

The bum dragging and humping with the terrible teens certainly doesn't help!

Make sure you are using something absorbent enough under your fleece or change it more regularly if you need to. Also make sure your fleece is wicking wee away well enough and it's not just sitting on the surface. Avoid using fabric conditioner and wash each fleece a few times before first use to help this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back