Boar Bits Cleaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky_Ewok

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just been having a look through old thread about this and in all honestly I've been trying to avoid doing it :| But I think I may need to give my boy pigs a clean "down there" well at least for gi gi anyways! BUT I am terrified! I am a constant worrier so I don't know what to use to clean it out I've seen baby oil recommend but will it irritate their skin? Anything else I can use? Just give me all the advice you can I don't want to end up hurting them either, but it isn't painful is it? Also is there anything I can use for cleaning grease glands other than swarfega? I just can't get my head around using something like that in case it causes a skin issue D: AHHHHH help! haha!

If you have to clean them mineral oil is best. Baby oil is not good. I know a few members use Swafega for the grease gland but I use Organic cold pressed coconut oil. :)

I've just been having a look through old thread about this and in all honestly I've been trying to avoid doing it :| But I think I may need to give my boy pigs a clean "down there" well at least for gi gi anyways! BUT I am terrified! I am a constant worrier so I don't know what to use to clean it out I've seen baby oil recommend but will it irritate their skin? Anything else I can use? Just give me all the advice you can I don't want to end up hurting them either, but it isn't painful is it? Also is there anything I can use for cleaning grease glands other than swarfega? I just can't get my head around using something like that in case it causes a skin issue D: AHHHHH help! haha!
ah wait was that the old thread you were reading? THat video made me cringe he may have sat but the way she was digging around in his poor bottom made me cringe!

ah wait was that the old thread you were reading? THat video made me cringe he may have sat but the way she was digging around in his poor bottom made me cringe!

Ahh thank you! Yes it was that video I watched but I read a different thread. After seeing the concern about using cotton buds do you know what else I could use with the mineral oil? And is mineral oil safe to use? I am slightly less worried now I think he still needs a clean but I won't be doing as often as I thought I might have had to D: Thank you! And ooohh coconut oil? Does it break down the grease just as good? Also is it hard to find? haha sorry for all the questions thanks again!

The coconut oil does break down the grease well. Also is not toxic and smells really nice! mineral oil is safe as it is liquid petroleum ( vaseline ) basically before it has been set. :)

To be fair you shouldn't have to clean a boars anal sac like that unless impaction occurs. just a gentle wipe around should be enough I would think x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back