• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

BLOOD URINE/POOP

guineabr

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I’m looking for help. I have a female Guinea pig that started to do a pink pee, after that a red pee, and also she was squeaking doing pee/poop. I took her to the vet, she started taking the medication (sulfamethoxazole 0.5ml at every 12 hours and meloxicam 0.2mg, one pill and after a couple of days it was one pill and half) and did a X-ray and ultrasound, they didn’t find anything than an inflammation, a cystitis. She stopped doing colored pee and started doing normal pee, but after a couple of days, today she did red pee again and is squeaking when pooping, and I saw poop with blood and I also found a small piece of blood in her bathroom. Please, could anyone here help with some info? I’m really scared. Even with these symptoms her behavior is normal, also eating a lot of hay and drinking water.

Hi! I’m looking for help. I have a female Guinea pig that started to do a pink pee, after that a red pee, and also she was squeaking doing pee/poop. I took her to the vet, she started taking the medication (sulfamethoxazole 0.5ml at every 12 hours and meloxicam 0.2mg, one pill and after a couple of days it was one pill and half) and did a X-ray and ultrasound, they didn’t find anything than an inflammation, a cystitis. She stopped doing colored pee and started doing normal pee, but after a couple of days, today she did red pee again and is squeaking when pooping, and I saw poop with blood and I also found a small piece of blood in her bathroom. Please, could anyone here help with some info? I’m really scared. Even with these symptoms her behavior is normal, also eating a lot of hay and drinking water.

Attachments

• C92D9A80-3789-468E-AF94-2C6D82B389F3.webp
    C92D9A80-3789-468E-AF94-2C6D82B389F3.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 6
Is she still on the meds? How long were they prescribed for? I would take her back to the vet if it’s started again. Also keep an eye on her weight just to be sure she is eating enough hay. It’s hard to judge it by eye.

I hope they can get to the bottom of it soon.

I’m sorry your piggy is unwell. Good luck at the vets.

Is she still on the meds? How long were they prescribed for? I would take her back to the vet if it’s started again. Also keep an eye on her weight just to be sure she is eating enough hay. It’s hard to judge it by eye.

I hope they can get to the bottom of it soon.
Yesterday she took the medication but after I talked to the vet about what happened she told me to stop because she will study her case. She took the medication for one week and one day, from 21 of July to 29 of July. For the first three days it was just one meloxicam pill, from 24-29 of July she took one pill and half of meloxicam.

For the whole week I was giving only one escarole leaf with three small pieces of eggplant. But yesterday I gave her two small pieces of carrot… I don’t know if it was what caused it, the vet told me it probably wasn’t. But we are so confused because there wasn’t anything concerning on the X-ray/ultrasound.

Back