• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blood in Urine and Enlarged Nipple and Closed Vet for 2 Days!

Dancingpopes

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!
My 3.5 year old Piggie Ralphina had blood in her urine 2 weeks ago so I went to the emergency vet, did X-rays, no stones, they said it was UTI and gave her pain meds and antibiotics. Did that for a week, didn’t see any blood, finished the meds a few days ago, then came home from work last night to more blood than I had seen before mixed with urine, and one of her nipples looked like a penis, and I could see some blood around her peeper (or vagina). Vets here are ALL closed today, July 4, and my vet won’t be open till late Saturday afternoon.
Is there any OTC thing I can give her for pain or to help this for almost 3 WHOLE DAYS? I’m so aggravated they’re not open! Thanks in advance!
Wendy

I am sorry this has happened to you when the vets are closed.
I can't answer your questions, hopefully a health expert will be along for you shortly.
Sending your piggy lots of healing vibes.

Thank you! A friend d of mine who keeps rats had some baytril on hand to lend (just like her scrip the week before, and the vet did call back, she’s going in first thing MONDAY. She does seem more energetic even after a little baytril. Thank you!

Back