• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

bloated or fat?

i was wondering if anyone could help is my guinea pig bloated or just fat?View attachment 91849View attachment 91850

Hi! Here is information about the symptoms of bloat and how to check for overweight. In the first case, please see a vet. We cannot diagnose from your picture; you have to feel the belly for bloat and around the ribs for overweight.
Bloat, Gi Stasis ( No Gut Movement) And Not Eating
The Importance Of Weighing - Ideal Weight / Overweight / Underweight

How old is your piggy and how long have you had him/her? Has the shape changed quickly? Is there any other signs of illness?

she is a sow but has not had any contact with any boars so could not be pregnant
Did you have any luck with your girl? I also have a sow and she is looking the same. I think I just got too wild with their veggies, to be honest. She's soft in the middle and she's not in any pain, eating normally, popcorning as normal, running around my room at playtime. I was just wondering if you knew what happened?

Did you have any luck with your girl? I also have a sow and she is looking the same. I think I just got too wild with their veggies, to be honest. She's soft in the middle and she's not in any pain, eating normally, popcorning as normal, running around my room at playtime. I was just wondering if you knew what happened
The same thing is happening to my piggy shes around 3 years old and she looks like shes chubby but when i poke her belly it just feels hollow, i can also feel her ribs, spinal cord and hips like you should be able to. But shes not in any pain and eats normally. My idea was that she just steal more veggies from her cage mate.

The same thing is happening to my piggy shes around 3 years old and she looks like shes chubby but when i poke her belly it just feels hollow, i can also feel her ribs, spinal cord and hips like you should be able to. But shes not in any pain and eats normally. My idea was that she just steal more veggies from her cage mate.

Hi

Please be aware that this thread here is over 4 years old.

Back