Bloat

ladymary86

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Good afternoon all!

Just a quick query, I’ve got two pigs who seem to regularly have very rounded tummies.

They usually are soft and malleable, and eating / pooping / behaviour habits are fine and normal.

When they get a bit hard I treat with a drop of Gripe water and massage which usually does the trick so soften them, but they still have rounded tummies.

I don’t feed these two anything cruciferous ie broccoli cabbage etc, and no fruit.

They’re all currently on Burgess excel mint nuggets.

They each have a 3x2 cage (they get on fine as neighbours but not roommates!) and have floor time too.

I’m wondering if a switch in hay could be beneficial? They’re currently on Timothyhay.co.uk timothy hay, should I try them on orchard?

I may be worrying about nothing but having lost a pig to sudden bloat, I’m nervous :(

Pictures added for tax 🤣❤️

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_2402.webp
    IMG_2402.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2288.webp
    IMG_2288.webp
    109.4 KB · Views: 2
A round tummy may simply be their shape and nothing to do with being bloated. If that is how they are then there is nothing you need to change.

Any grass hay is fine, but in some sensitive piggies a change in hay can sometimes cause issues.

Thank you, that was what I thought and hope the answer would be! But I thought best to ask :) they’re just my little chubsters lol ❤️

Back