• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blindness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that Cherry is blind :(

She's always had an odd look about her eyes and I've really thought nothing of it before :( I was checking her all over like all my other lot (I do regular body checks, teeth etc), and her pink/red eyes have since gone kinda cloudy. She doesn't seem to have any eye reactions/reflexes either.

No wonder she has been less active than the others in the run :( She's fine any other time and is nice and plump ;D

Cause she is Guin's sister and he has a cataract then it could've been genetic? Is it possible that she had a cataract and because of her red eyes it's not that noticeable?

I will be taking her to see Paula next week when Ton goes for his check up, to confirm or not

Cataracts are a genetic defect, therefore Cherry has probably got a cataract. Let us know what happens after you have visited Paula. O0

In both eyes, but not opaque like Guin's? Or do you think the colour difference being because of her red eyes?

A cataract would look different in Cherry's eyes being that they are red. :)

my piggies eyes seem to be a bit cloudy aswell, dont
know if they are cataracts either.

Have you had your guineas eyes checked cgibson? If not you should. :)

my albert has a cloudy eye which has a kind of growth on it its clear though, the vet said it was a type of cataract and he didn't want to do anything with it as he could see a little out of it so its been left alone for about 2 to 3 years and never seems to bother him good luck though

cazza said:
is there anything they can do if it is cataracts or something else?

They can operate on cataracts, however, they prefer not to and won't if it is not absolutely necessary, which most of the time it isn't. You will have to get his eye checked out. Let us know what the vet says when you do. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back