• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Blimey my vet bill was HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just taken Hamish to the vets this morning to have her teeth done and was charged well over the odds bill came to £3.98 ;D this goes to prove that not all vets are money mad :) y it cost me £10 round trip in a taxie.
I have been useing them for a while now and they are the most caring vets in this city. As some of you know my best friend and her hubsband are vets but thier practice is to far away for me to travel too.

That is good. Mine want £12 just to see them.

Aww thats great, mine a reasonable, they dont' charge sometimes but when they do they certainly do! :D

Mines about £17 just for the consultation...saying that they are very piggy friendly,so I guess I could find a cheaper one who knows nothing about piggies :)

I only got charged £3.50 for 25mls of septrin :) i think Ralfie gets discount, he must have a loyalty card there by now ;D

Yep they are fantastic I recommend t them to everyone. On the way there this morning the taxie driver was on about how much had recently paid out at his vets for two kittens. He is now going to take them there.
I think she waved the consult fee because I just told her that they needed doing. They really listen to the owners and never talk down to you which some do. I think when they can see animals are being looked after well they are happy to waver a few things.
Consult fee is £15
Drugs I always double check the prices with my vet friend and have always got them at the correct price.

um well I went with digby just before chrimbo and it cost me a whopping 32 quid to have his front 2 teeth burred but it was his first consultation so I dont know if that made a difference, anyway he went again last week (long story) and it cost me 16 quid plus a big supply of Baytril and Probiotics and they are now on prescription for me to collect for him at any time, I am sure mine make it up as they go along. If I go again I will defo be asking for a run down of the costs!

dazie said:
um well I went with digby just before chrimbo and it cost me a whopping 32 quid to have his front 2 teeth burred but it was his first consultation so I dont know if that made a difference, anyway he went again last week (long story) and it cost me 16 quid plus a big supply of Baytril and Probiotics and they are now on prescription for me to collect for him at any time, I am sure mine make it up as they go along. If I go again I will defo be asking for a run down of the costs!

Jesus Lisa that is very over priced I was expecting to pay about £20 at least. Poor Digby hope hope he feels better soon your a fantastic piggie mum :)

he is fine lol eating loads, its my bank balance that is suffering lol

That is soooo cheap ;D ;D ;D
I got 3 baby piggies sexed for like £5 each when i didnt know anything about piggies and i thought that was bad :tickedoff: wonder why people dont go to them but that price what you paid was great O0

I got charged £3 or something to have 4 babies sexed.
Emergency vets is £35 call out + whatever the cost for treatment. When Sue was ill it came to £55.
Normal Consultation is £15. :-\ Then again, they are very good vets.

My vet is a good small animal vet and knows her stuff-problem is they charged us £40 just for a two-day course of baytril(including bill for appointment)
Its too much considering we seem to have a problem bunny

Wow, I'm moving to Europe! I was reading some of your posts. I'm writing from New York, the capital of expensive! I've been posting about my guinea pig, Ricky, who has just had an operation to remove an abscess, which he opened the stitches today and I had to take him back to the hospital. So far the bill is over $500! I love my piggy to death, but boy they don't make it easy to have a pet in the US! It's almost $100 just to walk through the door. I'm pretty sure that $500 here is approximatley 250 pounds. (sorry, I don't have the pound sign on my keyboard!) I have a whole post going about "My guinea pig has a lump". I have never heard so many caring and concerned people for my piggy! It meant so much because I didn't realize how many people cared. I was so depressed over his gowing lump and I recieved wonderful advice from a lot of people. I've been posting his progress everyday. I hope all of your piggies are well. Now that I have one, I feel so sorry for people who's guineas get sick. Mine is healing, as long as he doesn't rip the stitches out again! No matter what it costs, he's my baby and I have to do what I have to do! Good luck to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back