• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Black "Flecks"

• Thread starter Thread starter Fr0ggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fr0ggy

I have bathed Bobby today and have noticed a lot of black "flecks" in the bath and on him. His skin looks clear but he does have a lot of these black things in his fur. Does anyone know what this may be?

Thanks

Fr0ggy said:
I have bathed Bobby today and have noticed a lot of black "flecks" in the bath and on him. His skin looks clear but he does have a lot of these black things in his fur. Does anyone know what this may be?

Thanks
As we have started brushing our guinea pigs we have noticed these black flecks aswell. We have found out that it is loose dirt from their skin or fur. A nit comb will remove them O0

What did you bath Bobby in?.

If you are not already using it,try GGs conditioning shampoos,they really clean the hair and skin and leave the hair soft and fluffy.Chrissie also has a new shampoo especially for boars!.

WWW.GORGEOUSGUINEAS.COM

It could be parasite poo. I'm not sure if the Just for Boars shampoo is antiparasitic. If he hasn't had a bath for a while it could just be dirt, I would use the Manuka and Neem (but do treat yourself to a trial size Just For Boars, its very masculine) :)

Gorgeous Guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back