Biting the cage

• Thread starter Thread starter hayleyandjohn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hayleyandjohn

I have two boys in one of those hutches with a run, and then around that is a close of area and when other pigs or I am in that area they ALWAYS bite the cage wire! I have two other pigs that also do that as well. Is there any way that i can stop them, its wearing their teeth down so that they are not even. Its not that they are hungary they always have the grass and dry food and hay.
Or is it one of those piggy things i will have to live with?

My Dil does this when she's getting impatient when the 'chef' isnt going quick enough! Ruby doesnt do it though.

Not sure what I can do about it but I just try and ignore it and hope she gets the message that I dont bow to her every wim! ;)

Obviously they want to get out, maybe you could put a cover over the side of run (not the whole of the run) when the other guineas are out? ? :)

I made a thread about my piggie chewing the bars, the noise goes right through my head! its a horrible noise - he also does it while he watchs me making his food, is it just that they are impatient

I believe they do it for a number of reason, impatiences being one of them. O0

Harry used to do it quite a lot when he got put on his own...he still does sometimes.then i pick him up give him a hug then hes fine for a while ;D

Bertie does this all the time and it drives me insane, so he gets fed first just to shut him up, attention thing for def!!

piggybaker said:
Bertie does this all the time and it drives me insane, so he gets fed first just to shut him up, attention thing for def!!

;D LOL! i have my piggie in his cage with my ten rats (the rodent room) and when I'm getting all the bowls and food ready he starts biting the bars - it drives me nuts! From the minute he hears me choping veg he starts, so he gets his food first so that i dont have to listen to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back