• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bites and Preventing Mites

• Thread starter Thread starter flm1977
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flm1977

Thinking ahead to when I introduce my piggies to each other, what supplies should I have in the house incase they do bite each other (I'm going to try my hardest not to let them bite each other but I'm guessing sometimes these things happen)

Thinking for what would soothe, heal, emergency first line, etc before a trip to the vets.

And is there anything I should use to stop them getting mites? Prevention better than cure sort of thing.

You really shouldn't let it get to that stage, piggies give each other plenty of notice that they don't like each other before resorting to biting! A water spray and towl nearby should be what you need to prevent a fight rather that treat wounds after!

As for mites, general hygiene is obviously most importnat and you can bath with G Guinea products I beleive, but IF they get them then its ivermec at the vets or G Guinea shampoos. Someone else will probably info you up more.

Thanks piglover
I wasn't quite sure how much notice I'd have of fur flying biting stage, but if I'll have time for towel nearby then that's cool. I was just preparing for worst case scenario if you see what I mean. Would hate to find one of them bitten and I didn't know what to do to make it better.

Been to the vets with John Anderson for mites anyways and got my GG shampoo and melts already so all sorted there, just wondered if a weekly/monthly prevention thing but if GG stuff the way to go, then that's cool too :)

LOL so seems I'm sorted anyway without knowing it :)

Looks like it! Just enjoy and have that towel and water spray at the ready! ;)

Towel and oven mits because if they do get to that stage they won't take notice of what they are biting and they could do some damage xx0

so water spray, towel and oven mits...LOL the list is getting longer ;D
But I do indeedy have oven mits too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back