• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Biscuit's mouth is bleeding and she hurt her tooth.

• Thread starter Thread starter lilgalnatalie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilgalnatalie

As i was carrying the piggies up in a cat bed. (one thats like a wigwam) i had smidge on my shoulder because he'd beat up georgy. Smidge as soon as he seen his hutch, jumped of me and landed on the bike. i quicky put the cat bed on the hutch, and grabbed smidge before he hit the floor. As i did, all the piggies leaned to one side of the wigwam and fell off the hutch onto the floor. As i took them out everyone was ok, except poor biscuit. Biccy's mouth is cut which should heal, but I'm worried about her teeth. Her two top teeth are split off (i think they are meant to be stuck together) and a both wobbly. Biscuit is making chattering noises like the teeth are rubbing. One tooth is still in line where its meant to be, but her left one is bent backwards slightly and is causing her some discomfort. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do for biscuit, i am very worried about her

i have no idea, get her to a vet

poor little Biscuit.... :-* :-* kisses to you, heal soon

Yep I agree, take her to a vet, I had this happen before with one of my piggies, he saw his cage and just leapt from my arms and missed it!, The tooth broke off but luckily it grew back ok. Guinea pigs teeth must be in line as they continuously grow and if one is at an angle this can cause terrible problems. Hope she is ok, big cuddle :smitten:

I'm glad to annouce biscuit will make a fast recovery, we called the emergency vet (pricey!) and she was given some pain killers. her teeth should mend in a week or too, and has a check up next week. O0 at the moment shes not allowed hard foods, so is on a diet of thin choped carrots, sadly this means so will the rest of the group be. Shes in a box at the moment in my living room, in her sleep sack she isnt interested in the carrots or hay at the moment. shes just sulking from being given paracdemtmal that she must have everyday. Thankyou guyz for your hep

Natnat x

I'm glad you got her to the vet when she needed it :) Poor girl, hopefully she will make a fast recovery though. Could you seperate her from the group so the others can eat other things except carrot? Maybe you could attempt to grate other things too?

Healing vibes heading Biscuits way O0 :smitten: :-*

Jane

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: for Biscuit, poor little one.
Oh yes and canteloupe, grapes and try a few leafy things, not too much but it might just give her a 'kick start' for her hay again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back