• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Bill’s Problem Incisors - Dental results with Simon Maddock

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Many of you know that Bill broke an incisor last year which unfortunately damaged the root of that tooth. This has lead to that tooth becoming “fat” which unbalances and oddly wears the other incisors. This will be ongoing, luckily his back teeth are good. The “fat” tooth is his bottom right (wider than the rest - hence “fat”)
I thought I would post this as it might help other forum members who encounter the same problem. Broken incisors don’t always create this problem, only if the root has been damaged, we were unlucky despite prompt visit to local vet. He has never had any problems eating anything and a very stable weight.4EE2F9D5-FDC8-421C-AEE2-111F143941AE.webp76DDFBA6-3CC7-464C-99C3-A9816AAFFC25.webp
Here are two photos of after the procedure and before the conscious dental, which I think is quite remarkable.

Last edited:
@Bill & Ted Wow, that's amazing. I hear so much about Simon's work and see the piggies eating again but I very rarely see the work that Simon does. It's brilliant!
Yes I can’t get over how he does it, and it only takes 5 minutes. Bill was a bit naughty this time though, he was wriggling a lot, he is normally very still but not on Wednesday!

Yes, he looks so much better, sadly won’t last long though before they start growing wonky again. Then another trip to the “magical tooth fairy” 😆
Same here with Pederoni! His aren’t quite as well aligned as Bill’s though (and rather yellow)! x

Same here with Pederoni! His aren’t quite as well aligned as Bill’s though (and rather yellow)! x
Aw, poor Pedro he’s been through the mill, then Simon works his magic on Pedro too and he’s munching again, good lad x
Bill’s teeth sometimes look black depending upon what he’s been eating usually grass and he gets little plaques between his teeth too sometimes.

Wow! Poor wee guy!
Glad he’s doing better now though
It actually looks worse than it is, as long as the incisors are filed down regularly he doesn’t seem to encounter any problems at all. In back teeth the problems arise because they are very difficult to see unless you have the right equipment and an experienced vet, we can at least see the problem with Bill’s teeth x

Aw, poor Pedro he’s been through the mill, then Simon works his magic on Pedro too and he’s munching again, good lad x
Bill’s teeth sometimes look black depending upon what he’s been eating usually grass and he gets little plaques between his teeth too sometimes.
Aah bless him.
Ped’s sister got really white teeth a few years ago when she was ill, Simon said she needed more calcium, went back to that lovely yellow again a few weeks later!
He’s still Mr Grump today, can tell his teeth are getting better as second blooming hard bite I’ve had in a week! Naughty beast! x

Just out of curiosity - what do you use to transport the boys on a long journey.
My girls are going to stay with @PigglePuggle while we move house and I will be transporting them by myself, in a car, in July up to Liverpool- a journey of 250 miles give or take a bit.
I need a spacious carrier but one I can easily carry when I take a break on the journey

We fit their indoor cage into the car, it’s a bit of a squeeze and have to put the rear seats down. We find it better for them to have the space to move around if they want to. I don’t think they would manage in anything else, they always get too hot in their cat carrier, although we take it for inside the vets. I put two pillows underneath the cage and they have vet bed in their beds so they don’t feel any bumps in the road. They usually just snooze most of the way and have a little walk around for food. We pack suitcases and all their other stuff around them (fleeces, hay, pellets, coolbag veggies, fold up playpen, tunnels etc. I can just get my hand in to feed them, we usually have a couple of stops in motorway services. Their stuff takes up most of the car! They are not phased at all by it. Hope this helps x

We fit their indoor cage into the car, it’s a bit of a squeeze and have to put the rear seats down. We find it better for them to have the space to move around if they want to. I don’t think they would manage in anything else, they always get too hot in their cat carrier, although we take it for inside the vets. I put two pillows underneath the cage and they have vet bed in their beds so they don’t feel any bumps in the road. They usually just snooze most of the way and have a little walk around for food. We pack suitcases and all their other stuff around them (fleeces, hay, pellets, coolbag veggies, fold up playpen, tunnels etc. I can just get my hand in to feed them, we usually have a couple of stops in motorway services. Their stuff takes up most of the car! They are not phased at all by it. Hope this helps x
Thank you.
I will need to plan carefully how to pack the car around a cage!

Thank you.
I will need to plan carefully how to pack the car around a cage!
Good luck with the drive up, I’m sure they will all be fine. The worst bit for you will be at stops if the weather is hot. We usually take it in turns for a pee then one of us can be in the car with them and have the windows open. It’s easy to regulate temperature when driving with the aircon on. We also cover the top of the cage with a cotton sheet to block out any sun, although they are fairly hemmed in anyway. We take sandwiches to eat in the car too.

Just out of curiosity - what do you use to transport the boys on a long journey.
My girls are going to stay with @PigglePuggle while we move house and I will be transporting them by myself, in a car, in July up to Liverpool- a journey of 250 miles give or take a bit.
I need a spacious carrier but one I can easily carry when I take a break on the journey
Having been involved in an accident on way to vets, when a van hit the rear of my car, at high speed (the car was a write-off). I am glad that I carry all piggies in small carriers, in the footwell. If they'd been in a cage, they would all have been killed, without doubt.

Back