Biggest C&C cage?

Gradie and the pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi there ☺️I have three boars and yes I know it’s extremely risky but I have a plan b and at the moment they are getting along great but as they grow I want them to have as much room as possible so my question is what is the biggest C&C cage available 😊

If you buy the grids and corex seperately, as big as you have room for. You would have to tape corex together if it was bigger than a sheet (usually 4ft x 8ft). If it's too big there are practical difficulties in reaching to clean. I have a 5.5 x 3 and I can just about reach the furthest corners.

If you mean cage kits you can buy, they usually go up to a 2x6, but you can make basically whatever you want. I have a 5x4 C&C for my three pigs which is made from a 2x4, 2x5 and a 2x2 chloroplast base taped together as I have upgraded my cage many times 😊

I agree - you can make it as big as you have space for
As three boars need bigger than normal cage sizing requirements, you are looking for a cage covering at least three square metres. So you will need a 9x2 c&c (or equivalent configuration using 22 grids)

If/when you do move them into a bigger cage, ensure you use soiled bedding from the original cage. Any new environment and territory will cause them to reestablish their relationship and hierarchy. In well bonded pairs it amounts to increased dominance for a few days and then calms down. In pairs where there may be issues, and a teenage boar trio would be one such situation, the move, having to sort out their relationship and new territories can actually break the relationship. Using soiled bedding can help them recognise it as their own space and hopefully make a move easier

There is a section in this guide about new environments etc

A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars

If/when you do move them into a bigger cage, ensure you use soiled bedding from the original cage. Any new environment and territory will cause them to reestablish their relationship and hierarchy. In well bonded pairs it amounts to increased dominance for a few days and then calms down. In pairs where there may be issues, and a teenage boar trio would be one such situation, the move, having to sort out their relationship and new territories can actually break the relationship. Using soiled bedding can help them recognise it as their own space and hopefully make a move easier

There is a section in this guide about new environments etc

A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars
Thank you you actually solved what was happening to my piggies. i didn't change cages just moved it to another room. but i use it as an opprotunity to also clean the cage completely. took everything apart cleaned it and put it back together.. caramilk was rumble strutting for a week and a half after that. i thought she was just in heat or w/e from what i read about the behavior.

Back