Big Pig Baby Pig Drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cally

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I have my adult boar and now my teeny 8 week old baby living in their c and c cage, they have two water bottles, should I be concerned I haven't saw little mouse drinking yet?

The base of the cage is high enough that Dylan can just peek his head over to see me, I'm worried mouse can't reach the bottles, or that he doesn't know where they are. Am I being too paranoid? Is it worth putting a dish of water in? He had cucumber and romaine lettuce today with carrots so maybe he's getting enough from his veggies. I don't know.

I would put a shallow dish in for him. Mine use bottles and like to use a bowl when they eat nuggets.

I wouldn't be worried. As he is new to this environment, he is probably a little scared to venture out into the open when you are in the room. He probably is drinking, just not when you're there.

Piggies drink varying amounts. One of mine is an excellent drinker, but the others barely drink at all. It's likely that he's getting all the fluid he needs from his veggies.

If you would be happier putting in a bowl of water too, then it wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't be too worried at this stage.

One of my piggies is a virtual stranger to the water bottle and the other a regular visitor. I just feed lots of juicy veg and she seems to get enough moisture from that. In any event she wees no less as a result of drinking so little!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back