Big enough cage?

Princess_Harriet

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
148505F1-EAC1-4BA7-B0FD-A2D2C8D27BBD.webpI was wondering if this cage was big enough for three pigs? The oldest is a year old and they get lots of out of cage time to run around. They do lots of popcorns so I assume it’s big enough but just wanted to check. None of them have especially high energy. (Pls don’t mind the temporary hay feeder. I’m getting a bigger one soon)Thank you!

Are they boars or sows or both? Knowing the gender of the piggies helps to decide what size cage they need. Can you include the dimensions of the cage that you have pictured?

They are all sows. Haven’t measured the cage yet bc my husband is using the tape measure. Will measure it soon.

I believe it should be big enough for 3 sows as 1 midwest cage is the minimum for 2 sows. But if you think they'd use more space and you have the space and money to do so then bigger is always better.

They are all sows. Haven’t measured the cage yet bc my husband is using the tape measure. Will measure it soon.
If it's sows then it should be big enough based on how it looks, but it's easier to say for sure if you have the measurements. They look like Midwest cages so I'm guessing that having the two cages combined it's big enough for them.

Yes two joined Midwest’s is big enough for three sows.
Two sows need a minimum of 8 square feet, 10 square feet recommended. You then add a further two square feet for each additional piggy (although bigger is always better), so for three you need a minimum of 10 square feet, 12 square feet recommended. Two Midwest’s would make 16 square feet so it is a lovely size for three girlies!

Back