Big Cage :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicathepurplepanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Turns out it's gonna be at least 18square ft :D I was thinking 3-4 piggies will this be ok xx

Turns out it's gonna be at least 18square ft :D I was thinking 3-4 piggies will this be ok xx

That will be lots of space for them. Going by minimum recommended sizes for 3 and 4 piggies being 5ftX2ft (10sqft), and 6X2ft(12sqft), 18sqft would be plenty and you could even consider increasing your herd at some point if you so wanted. :)

Yea when they're more settled and I'm a bit more used to looking after guinea pigs then if there is another guinea pig or two needing a home il be happy to help out :)

Ps will I still need a big run aswell? Will a little homemade one do out of cage grids just to get outside etc if I was supervising xx

The next size up would be 25 square ft! For only another £10 so I would be happy to get the bigger one if I was getting more xx

I don't know how sturdy cage grids would be, but you can get wire mesh runs fairly cheap which you attach together and it is pinned into the grass.
It will likely be quite a bit smaller than their normal environment but for a change of scenery, a grass snack and some fresh air it is well worth it

There is a guy on eBay that sells panels (wooden frame and wire) of differing sizes so you can make your own.I thought he was really cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back