bickering boars

• Thread starter Thread starter wildjasmine
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wildjasmine

Hiya
yesterday i adopted two little girlie piggies, They had their own hutch etc. Anyway i keep my piggies in my my put house. The lads are in a cage next to the hutch. All they have done today is bicker ::), they have had odd moments before, growling at each other but not as constant as this. One being more dominant then the other.
Is this because the girls are next to them?

Quite probably yes! They could well have a major falling out over the girlies. Is it possible to move them somewhere else? Some boars aren`t too bothered by the presence of females, some are and as yours are young, they are bickering over them >:D

I agree with Lavenderjade sounds like they can smell the ladies, I have boars in my shed with Sows and they can see and smell them but couldnt care less really, but Basil the new piggy goes a little bonkers if he can see the ladies so I have a curtain to block off that end of the cage so Amber cant filrt with him ::) ::)

I only have my out house to put them as i dont really want to put them outside, now its getting colder.
I can rearrange where they are and move them to the other side of the outhouse, see if that helps. They havnt been to bad tonight, infact their normal selfs.
Thanks for your advice :)

I doubt that the guinea pigs dislike each other i would think that the males are very hormonal and want some action lol but cant get any. Move the males away so they cant smell or see the females. O0 O0

They cant see them just smell them. I have moved the girls hutch in the out house and they all have had a run about outside today as it wasnt raining and so far so good the lads are behaving themselves, little monkeys lol. The only grunt i did have out of Brego is when he tried to pinch the spinach leaf out of Brocks mouth ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back