Best water bottle out there

ljgstretch

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I wanted to ask what is the best water bottle that doesn't leak and can hold a decent amount of water in it for four guinea pigs? I have been looking for days on Amazon for something, but all of them say "no drip/leak" and as soon as I look at the reviews everyone has videos of that water bottle leaking lol. I do use a water bowl, but the only one who drinks out of it is my naked piggie. She needs it too because the vet said that her incisor teeth are crooked and that's why she struggles to drink water. But for the other pigs they prefer the water bottle.

Hi. I don't think there's a water bottle out there that never leaks. Some pigs are more aggressive drinkers than others. There are other factors that play into it as well. That being said, I prefer the CocoNose small animal water bottle for the ease of use. It's quick detach system allows me to easily refill with fresh water regularly. I always keep more than one water bottle on the cage in case one would malfunction or they would empty one of them. You can also keep a piddle pad under the water bottle and change as needed if you are worried about dripping.

My vote generally goes for a glass bottle over plastic, but I've had some boars learn how to drink in very odd ways and the plastic ones just wouldn't stand up to the abuse. Bann somehow drains the bottle every time he goes to drink but I suspect that's him and not the bottle itself. I also find that with the cap and the spout all in one in a glass bottle, rather than the spout being attached to the cap as with most plastic bottles, lessens leakage issues too.

Actually to add - reviews are hit and miss as to how useful they are. One star reviews especially seem to suffer from this - it didn't work well for them, or they had an issue with one, and so on, and they've decided it means it's awful as a whole. An example (not linking to the page itself, though) is this:

I don't believe it's faulty. I think it's just not any better than the cheap plastic one I bought from the cheap pet shop.
Also the larger one is big! Genuinely have thrown this straight into recycling, having opened 30min ago.

I happen to use two of the same bottle and I can tell you I've had no issues with them since they were first used back in January. Reviews can genuinely be next to useless.

Another vote for glass bottles. I hate plastic ones, I can't seem to get on with them and never have done. I use the pets at home own brand bottle and it works well; in total I have 6, 4 of which I've had for nearly 2 years. I have an eco living world one which my hamsters and rats have used, that one is going strong too and that one is 3, nearly 4 years old. If I'm honest I'd rather have a bottle that leaks than a bottle that sticks. I also have a water bowl in each cage too.

Back