Best sheds in the UK to convert for 3 sows

booksandpigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all, I have had my 3 sows for just over a year now and I want to move them into a shed, the great British weather is the main factor in this as well as the fact that I just want them to have more space.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best 6x4 shed to convert for guinea pigs in terms of shed longevity and weather protection for my girls.
Any advice would be much appreciated

My shed was purpose built by a local company rather than anything commercially available. It is made of thicker wood and cladding.
I was also able to customise it to have a stable door.
We added internal mesh doors for ventilation and security so the main doors could be left open.

I can’t offer any advice on sheds, sorry. I just know that quality and price can vary tremendously.
@BossHogg used to keep his piggies in a shed, as did @Siikibam. I’m trying to remember others who may have experience of sheds

I just had a bog standard 8x6 shed, I built the hutch into one end of the shed putting insulation between shed wall and hutch so it was nice and snug, I also ran power in to the shed so I had lighting and an oil filled radiator for added heat. My piggies and buns lived long happy lives. 👍
WP_20170529_15_36_12_Pro.webpWP_20170620_15_40_16_Pro.webpWP_20170626_15_04_42_Pro.webpIMG_20190109_190745.webpIMG_20190109_191315.webp

Back