Best shed set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi getting close to getting my guinea shed!
was thinking of getting good size hutches and keeping the guineas in those inside the shed (at least 7ft by 5ft)
but what are these 'c&c' cages/grids i hear about and how would they work in providing shelter for my chaps in bad weather?
i am going to get a frost guard for the coldest nights to keep the chill out and if it does get wet/snowy (we had a damp summer here grass went wild!)
so what do people think i am looking at all options the intention is to keep them out side as much as possible i nearly lost a guinea a couple of years ago from bringing in and out too much and another from keeping in too long
like i said all thoughts and ieads will be helpful
Ron

Hi Ron,

I've a 8ft by 4ft shed and I've made a 6ft by 4ft C&C Cage for my 2 boars they love it! We have put doubled perspects on the windows and cover up the door of a night, our shed isn't drafty as yet and is warm when I go in of a morning. Come November it may get colder so I'll have to think of more ways of keeping them warm.

You can the grids for the cage from screwfix.com.

Louise
:)

I still have my shed and all its hutches but because I dont live there anymore they are filled up with Garden equiptment.
This is what my shed used to look over a year ago before I moved to my Flat...
000_2200.jpg

000_2202.jpg

Now you can see the left side is empty and now full of gardening stuff...
000_2204.jpg

Hutches in use...
000_2203.jpg

Only the top two which is actually one, hole throw the middle and bottom right is in use, the rest of my pigs are here with me.

Sylvia, wanted me to leave some pigs so she has 4, Milly, Molly, Solar and Cucumber. I say they are still mine, but she looks after them.

Emma x

J4100030.JPG

here's what I've done with our shed,the piggies live free range during the day and are only locked in their hutches at bed time :)

Wow your sehds all look great O0

Before I start building can anybody tell me the required height to stop piggies jumping over a pen wall? O0

gp-d said:
Wow your sehds all look great O0

Before I start building can anybody tell me the required height to stop piggies jumping over a pen wall? O0

ours is about 24" ,and no-one has managed a houdini yet! ;D ;D ;D

SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Hi Ron,

I've a 8ft by 4ft shed and I've made a 6ft by 4ft C&C Cage for my 2 boars they love it! We have put doubled perspects on the windows and cover up the door of a night, our shed isn't drafty as yet and is warm when I go in of a morning. Come November it may get colder so I'll have to think of more ways of keeping them warm.

Louise
what are they called on the website?

roninnorfolk said:
SunshineAndTwinkle said:
Hi Ron,

Louise
what are they called on the website?

Ron, if you want some C&C panels I have tons spare. I used to have a huge C&C in my bedroom but once I decorated it I had hutches built instead.

Thanks Cheryl i might take you up on that only thing is what are C&C panels/grids?
i just have no idea what they are and how they 'work'
sorry but its me going blonde as i get older (others call it going grey!)

haha i dont think she will thank you for saying that ;D

no she has never been pregnant, shes 5 1/2yrs old and just gained a little chubbyness over the years lol

yeah..shes had that shape for as long as i remember!

morgan used to be skinny (my black sow) then overnight she seem to get herself a booty..you cant see it in that picture but she prob as big if not bigger than lois lol

Is it an older piggie thing coz georgie is alot curvier than she used to be she's 4?

sammy said:
Is it an older piggie thing coz georgie is alot curvier than she used to be she's 4?
Ahhh but its the curves just like when there pregnant ?

possibly..morgan seemed to get her curves at around 2 year old and continued to grow in to them lol these two are my eldest piggies ive ever had so i cant comment but these 2 both have curvy figures..although they also eat a lot!

I had a guinea called parker who sadly died about a year ago, she died at 2yrs old and she was extra chunky..i think she had some sort of problem though and when i found her ill she was having problems breathing, her lips had gone like a pale blue colour, i knew it was too late at that point and she died that night she was lovely ive got a pic somewhere..

Photo-0404.jpg

ps sorry for hi-jacking the thread!

Sounds a bit like she had pnemonia or hypothermia-but I'm not sure so dont take my word for it
sorry for your loss :(

love the shed sammy what hutch have you got it looks very similar to mine, My hubby wants my pigs outside and I'm looking for ideas, might try and persuade him to let them stay in until spring. Have got playpens so was going to let them be free range during the day and in their hutch overnight. Will i still need a hutch hugger when they are in the shed ?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back