Best run?

machuandpicchumummy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
At the moment we're using an large open top fence arrangement for grass time with our boys but they're getting bigger and good at climbing and I'm worried they'll jump out. Also would be nice to not have to be supervising constantly and be able to potter around the house while they're in the run so still able to keep an eye on things but not watching like a hawk.

Two 3 month old boars so needs to be fairly spacious, not that we have any issues with fighting as yet but just in case. Would like it to be fairly sturdy in case one of the many neighbourhood cats turns up to have a look. We won't be leaving them in the run while we're out but something could happen in 5 minutes while I do something in the house etc. During winter it would also be nice to be able to set it up in the shed so foldable would be a great bonus as well.

For outside, I find wooden and mesh runs are most secure for outside. I have a 6ft x 3ft foldable run from Home & Roost. However, it is only foldable once you have unscrewed the lid and taken it off (so its not a daily fold away thing as it would be tedious very quickly) but if you were using it in the shed in winter then you may not need to screw the lid on

We have this, which might work quite well for you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NAVGFZR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can screw the top in, but if you don't and just place it on then its very easy to fold - you just take the lid off and fold it in half, and the rest folds down flat as well. I probably wouldn't leave them in this if I were leaving the house (we have another metal one which is more secure, but it has sort of feet you push into the lawn, so wouldn't work inside your shed). However, for popping inside for 5 minutes I this this would be fine. We use bungees to keep the lid in place and also bricks on the corners if we're feeling extra paranoid.

Back