Best Place To Buy Everything You Need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy94

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm getting some piggies soon & have my hutch already (thanks to @The Hutch Man) and their run is on order.
I went into pets at home today as it is my nearest pet shop & is quite large so thought I could get the bits and pieces I need for their hutch like water bottle, bowls, tubes/ things for them to hide away in, and it was rubbish! Pretty much the whole store was dedicated to cats & dogs with a small section for guinea pig/hamster cages & hutches and a shelf with 2 bowls & a couple of water bottles on & a couple of accessories.
Where else is there that I can get the things I need?

I find the range is quite good for pig products, and jollyes tend to have more choice than p@h otherwise there are plenty of online retailers plus eBay

I get almost everything from eBay and Amazon. If you have a wilkos or the range near to you, they have loads of cute bowls, bottles and treats.

Thanks, I didn't realise the range did animal stuff! Will see if the one near me stocks it.

If you get someone who has already ordered from Zooplus to "recommend" them to you through their site, you get 10% off your first order which is great if you are looking to buy a fair bit of stuff. I'd be happy to do it for you - I got someone on here to do it for me when I placed my first order. If you want to do this, PM me your name, email address and the name of one of your pets.

I should add that I really rate zooplus and their customer service was good ( they accidentally sent me the wrong item in my last order and very quickly sent right one when I contacted them and asked me to keep and use or donate to an animal rescue the incorrect item).

delivery is quicker than they say usually but it does take a couple of days at least.

I'm having a mooch on zooplus after seeing this thread and accidently smashing my pigs food bowl and they seem to have a really good sale on. Small animal section included!

zooplus and pet planet are really good! I've gotten all my cages off zooplus and gotten a lot of supplies off pet planet, deffo recommend :-)

I know I'm going to get slayed for this but it's always Pets at home for accessories, treats and feed.
I know there a massive consumer company who have little regard for animal welfare and are incredibly expensive but its just next to my house! I feel like Pets at home is easy to buy from IF you are informed about Guinea pigs and are prepared to read all the packets to make sure you know what your buying.

Another great place which I LOVE to go to for Pig stuff is this brilliant place in Maltby, UK called Nature World I think?
They have a fantastic selection and really know there stuff and its super nice to support small time pet stores whenever you can. Its a bit far away from where I live but well worth the trip!

Also Markham Grange in Doncaster is amazing for exotic Pet supplies :)
There another small time company who deserve all the support they can get. I could go on and on about this forever...

I won't slay you for going to pets at home. I know people have had a lots of issues with pets at home but i can honestly say my local one has never been bad and over the past couple of years has raised their standards in animals care a LOT. I have a VIP card and shop in their quite regularly. But I do like The Range :)

I know I'm going to get slayed for this but it's always Pets at home for accessories, treats and feed.
I know there a massive consumer company who have little regard for animal welfare and are incredibly expensive but its just next to my house! I feel like Pets at home is easy to buy from IF you are informed about Guinea pigs and are prepared to read all the packets to make sure you know what your buying.

Another great place which I LOVE to go to for Pig stuff is this brilliant place in Maltby, UK called Nature World I think?
They have a fantastic selection and really know there stuff and its super nice to support small time pet stores whenever you can. Its a bit far away from where I live but well worth the trip!

Also Markham Grange in Doncaster is amazing for exotic Pet supplies :)
There another small time company who deserve all the support they can get. I could go on and on about this forever...
I've heard from others who have a rabbit that they like Markham Grange. It sounds like they have a good range of hutches there too.

there is a 'pet hut' in our town now which is part of pound stretcher, it's pretty good actually, i pop in every couple of weeks or so as it has a variety of things for all sorts of pets. It's nice to actually look around a shop sometimes rather than shopping online all the time :)

I buy odd bits and bobs from Pets at Home, but I also like The Range. If you go to one of the massive stores they often have quite a large section for small pets which made me pleasantly surprised!

We have a pet hut near us as well but only been in it once and didn't have the time to look around much. I think on payday I may have to. Asda have the big cardboard play tubes in at the moment in the small animal section for £1 :)

We have a pet hut near us as well but only been in it once and didn't have the time to look around much. I think on payday I may have to. Asda have the big cardboard play tubes in at the moment in the small animal section for £1 :)
Yeah, go and have a look - I generally buy something every time I'm there haha :)
I got my tubes from Asda last time they were on offer, my boys like them but they're soon used as litter trays lol

I definitely will! Mine luckily don't use the tubes as litter trays yet! *touch wood*

I love those tubes from Asda! Great price too! Although like you say, they soon turn a little messy, but I don't mind too much for that price. :)

They are a fab price, much better than pets at home and the piggies love them :)

I use a website called petplanet really good:) And great price

I use Zooplus, Amazon, eBay, Pet-Supermarket whichever is cheapest. Pet Hut has opened here but I haven't bought much from there so far.

For hay I use timothyhay.co.uk and hayforpets.co.uk

Mainly seconding what others have said. Zooplus is great for bits and bobs. Pets at Home is ok for food since they widened their range but never plain hay as its chopped into short strands. The Alfalfa king timothy hay they sell is a massive hit in our house and smells amazing. The Range has decent plain meadow hay for a non online shop. Another online shop I don't think has been mentioned is Hay experts they are sometimes a little pricey but have a great selection of hays food and natural toys.

I'm so sad, The Range is actually my favourite shop! I hate clothes and food shopping, but get very excited about home and especially pet stuff.

Ended up going to the range and jolleys and got pretty much everything I need and it wasn't too expensive- fab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back