• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

best place to buy decent hay?

• Thread starter Thread starter cgibson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgibson

Hi,
Where is the best plact to buy hay from, I normally get it from my my local pet shop, but i would like timothy hay, or any other good quality hay.

Is there any websites that you can buy it from?

I also need something for bedding as i have newspaper and hay, but newspaper isnt very absorbent, think i need litter or carefresh, might try old sheets and blankets and towels aswell.

what does every body think the best bedding is ?

thanks

Hi, I currently buy my hay from www.thehayexperts.co.uk. I get oxbow western timothy for them to eat (too expensive for bedding!) and oat hay to eat as well. The hay is really good quality and quick delivery too. Also look at www.planetguinea.co.uk as they sell timothy hay also but it is not oxbow. I haven't tried it yet, but will do. Profits from their sales go to their gp rescue.
As for bedding, I use aubiose which is a hemp bedding more commonly used for horses. If you have a car, look up your nearest equestrian supplier and you can pick up a 20kilo bag for about £7, it lasts ages and is very absorbent. I still put newspaper underneath though as it is easy to roll up the whole lot to dispose of it O0 If you cant pick up aubiose, you can get it at jw titmuss (put that in google and you will get the site). Postage is a fiver though but the bag is MASSIVE! It works out loads cheaper than carefresh which comes in small bags.
Hope that helps?

HI, I have been using the cheap hay from my nearest shop, think they buy it from cash and carry, it is called bet buys compressed hay, or i get bags from asda.

i have a c&c cage
if that helps anybody

thanks

cgibson said:
HI, I have been using the cheap hay from my nearest shop, think they buy it from cash and carry, it is called bet buys compressed hay, or i get bags from asda.

i have a c&c cage
if that helps anybody

thanks

O.K. Pets at home sell Burgess Timonthy hay, good quality and my guineas love it. The websites that have been stated by lavenderjade sell very good items. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back