Best outdoor run

Teddy-Boys

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’m based in the UK and looking to buy an outdoor run for my 2 boys to go out on the grass during the day, does anyone have any recommendations?

I’m not a practical person so hoping for something with minimal assembly! I saw one on the pets at home site but the reviews were really poor and it was fairly expensive. Any suggestions welcome - thanks!

Home and Roost sell a variety of runs which are good quality (I’ve got a 6ft folding one from them which is doing well).
Ive got several runs and actually the best commercial one I’ve had is just from a local pet shop!

Whatever run you go for I would recommend one that folds up.
This makes it easy to store out of the bad weather in Winter, and will mean it lasts longer.
For outdoor use you also want something with a full roof so piggies are properly protected from predators and you can cover part of it to offer shade.

Home and Roost sell a variety of runs which are good quality (I’ve got a 6ft folding one from them which is doing well).
Ive got several runs and actually the best commercial one I’ve had is just from a local pet shop!
I need a run for the grass too and have just seen the folding Home and Roost ones... what size is best for 2 boars? They have this 1m x 1m one but is that too small? It's just for a few hours on the grass during the day (they have a wendy house with a run attached for the rest of the time).

Small Folding Guinea Pig Run | Easy Storage | 1m X 1m

I need a run for the grass too and have just seen the folding Home and Roost ones... what size is best for 2 boars? They have this 1m x 1m one but is that too small? It's just for a few hours on the grass during the day (they have a wendy house with a run attached for the rest of the time).

Small Folding Guinea Pig Run | Easy Storage | 1m X 1m

I have a folding home and roost run for my boys - Its 6ft x 3ft (they also live in a shed) - The 6ft folding Canterbury.
The one on your link i would consider a bit on the tight side - it’s fine as it meets minimum requirements (10 sq ft), but I’d personally look for something a bit bigger.

Really helpful thread as I'm looking for a collapsible outdoor run too so off to take a look thank you.

Back