Best hutch thermometer?

machuandpicchumummy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Any recommendations for the best hutch thermometer to be able to monitor the temperature inside their hutch at all times?
Not sure if this exists but one where it is connected to my phone or a monitor that I can take to work and still be connected to it and see the temperature remotely would be ideal.
I only work 5 mins walk away from my house so could easily run back and make adjustments if needed.
I would just like to know for my own peace of mind while I am at work that they're cool enough.

I can’t help with one that connects to your phone, but do you have a thermometer in there at present?
What outside temperatures are you experiencing at present and are they in the hutch right now? What cooling measures are on/in the hutch?

I can’t help with one that connects to your phone, but do you have a thermometer in there at present?
What outside temperatures are you experiencing at present and are they in the hutch right now? What cooling measures are on/in the hutch?
No we don't but the hutch is inside a chicken coop with a white tarpaulin roof on which reflects the sun off it so the hutch is never in sunlight so stays at least 10 to 15 degrees cooler than the outside temperature I'd say from feel. Just walking into the chicken coop you feel it is a lot lot cooler than outside. Its 29°c outside at the moment. It was the same yesterday and they were fine. They have a cooling mat and about 7 ice blocks in socks to sit on.

Back