Best guinea pig nugget/pellets

Penguin2809

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I have 6 piggies, 2 pregnant. They have been on twitch since they where babies. I give them a mix of 10% muesli 90% for nugget with fresh hay and veg a day. Recently my girls have been refusing to eat the nuggets recently. I have tried several different brands too. I was hoping someone can tell me a good food within a price range and uk that has a variety like a muesli for example I can feed all 6 with. I'm looking at around £15-£25 for a 10kg bag

The link below is a guide to our nugget comparison chart.
We would recommend something like science selective grain free due to the fact it is a low calcium, grain free, plain pellet (don’t think they come in big bags though).

We won’t be able to recommend a muesli type feed due to the issues with it - causing selective feeding, containing usually unhealthy and high sugar ingredients.

Do also bear in mind that nuggets are such a tiny proportion of the diet (just one tablespoon per pig per day) that not eating then isn’t a huge concern if you don’t find one they like.

Nugget Comparison Chart
Pellets Or Muesli / Dry Mix?

I don’t know if 10kg would be around £25 to be honest but I feed my very fussy boys Versele Laga Cavia complete and the extoic vets I saw recommended it too, they really like it

As Piggies&buns mentioned, muesli isn't the best thing to feed and they really don't need that many pellets. Focus on giving a lot of grass hay. Even for the pregnant mums. (While mums are nursing you can give a few extra pellets, but ultimately the diet should be mostly hay).

My 8 were on science selective grain free but have been on haybox own guinea pig pellets for a few months. 1 bag of either brand, which sit between £5-£6 each, can last my 8 a month - month and a half. I buy 4-5 bags a year so that should be within the price range you've mentioned.

Back