best cages

• Thread starter Thread starter lucyloo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lucyloo

ok... so now i know I'm starting looking for my guinea pigs i need to get them a cage, where is the best place to get your cages and can anybody recommend a good brand or cage that they use and know is decent. the cage will be for 2 guinea pigs, my mum won't let me have any more than that for now :)

the nero 4 is the absolute best cage for 2 guinea pigs, pets at home sell it for £69.99, there is a stand also at £24.99, I would love this cage for mine, unfortunatly I have no room for it, mine are in hutches.

oo right ok then thnaks for that its pretty reasonable pricing aswell! my mum and dad are expecting to pay about £100 because thats how much we payed for my rabbit hutches
O0

depending where you are i'm selling my ferplast 140 which is the biggest indoor cage you can get. it is 5ft long, you can see it on the zooplus website. it is only 3 months old I have decided to keep my 2 outside now, their hutch will go in the shed during winter.
i am based near rugby in the midlands.
owl x

hi how much will you be selling it for? i will have to ask my parents first as they will be the ones paying for it ;D i live in bolton, near manchester thinking about it so isnt that really far away?

are you thinking of indoor or outdoor, cos i keep mine in in the winter and out for the good weather. the nero 4's good for indoors but i like Rabbit Shack hutches for outdoors. they are really well made (the ones i have are) and tough.

here is there website http://www.rabbitshack.com/range_rabbit_hutches.htm
they are usually around £60-100

I'm probably going to be keeping them inside and just buying a run for outside for them then they can have a few hours of outside time with supervision because I'm sort of running out of space on the grass with my other 2 rabbit hutches out there and my dads always moaning that the hutches spoil the grass ;D would it be suitable to do that?

yeah, thats fine! as long as they get their exercise and grass. THEY LOVE BEING IN THE RUN!! good luck! :smitten:

thankyou! well just out of interest what is the best size for a run? and am i best gertting one of the runs with a bit of shelter just incase it starts to rain while there in there? lots of questions I'm sorry but i just want to make sure i get it all right before getting them :)

lucyloo said:
thankyou! well just out of interest what is the best size for a run? and am i best gertting one of the runs with a bit of shelter just incase it starts to rain while there in there? lots of questions I'm sorry but i just want to make sure i get it all right before getting them :)
for 2 piggies i like them to have a lot of room so say around 12 ft. squared. but it depends on you really. they do need a sheltered area i would say, just in case you're out and it starts to rain or you don't realise it's raining and also it gives them somewhere to hide if they're scared! :) it's also good to put things in the run for your piggies to play with. :) p.s. don't worry about asking questions, that's what we're here for! :D

wow some of them cages on that link look great that size thing at the top helps aswell O0 i love this forum everyone is so helpful and you can ask any question you need to :smitten: my dads said he might build me a run for them so i will m ake sure he makes it nice and big for them with some sort of shelter for them! i love going getting toys n things like that for my rabbits so I'm sure i will have fun getting them for the guinea pigs aswell ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back