Best Bedding

• Thread starter Thread starter trufflepig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trufflepig

Hello all :-)

I am new to the forum and indeed to Guinea pigs ! I got one yesterday called truffle ;D
The guy in the shop said the best bedding was Hay, but after reading some things on here i am now abit concerned that its not !

Please could you give me some help as i don't want my Truffle pig to suffer :'(

I personally use carefresh but it is an expensive option. My pigs live in doors and it certainly keeps the base of the cage wee-free and it does keep odours down.

I'm sure a lot of people on here use hay on here so they might be able to offer more advice but from what I read it is nice for the pigs to have different bedding to what they eat. You could use the short stemmed cheaper hay for bedding and get some nicer stuff in a rack for them to eat.

Don't use straw though as it's a no no... can hurt their eyes.

I have gone and bought some carefresh bedding, its very strange stuff ! I found just using the hay was meaning the wee was running in her little igloo but isn't nice for her :(

I use a liner of newspaper then megazorb and then tons of hay on top which my piggies love to dive through and play in until they have squashed it all down :D

dazie said:
I use a liner of newspaper then megazorb and then tons of hay on top which my piggies love to dive through and play in until they have squashed it all down :D
I do the same ;)

I use newspapers and shredded paper. The best thing about shredded paper is my piggies love it and it's Free.
Try some different beddings untill you find the one you like, there's plenty to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back