• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Best age for the first bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lindsay7

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have three girls two 13 weeks and one 14 weeks. My 13 weeks old Susannah has got a yellow wee stain on her bottom it really shows up as she is mostly white. I know that its best to limit bathing to every 3 to 4 months or so.

What is the best age to give them a bath are they still too young at 13 weeks? What is the best shampoo to use for short haired piggies also long haired as Honey is a coronet even though her coat is perfect would like to know what the best shampoo is as I'm sure she will need a bath in the future.

thanks in advance Lindsay

lindsay7 said:
I have three girls two 13 weeks and one 14 weeks. My 13 weeks old Susannah has got a yellow wee stain on her bottom it really shows up as she is mostly white. I know that its best to limit bathing to every 3 to 4 months or so.

What is the best age to give them a bath are they still too young at 13 weeks? What is the best shampoo to use for short haired piggies also long haired as Honey is a coronet even though her coat is perfect would like to know what the best shampoo is as I'm sure she will need a bath in the future.

thanks in advance Lindsay

Gorgeous Guinea shampoos are really nice Lindsay & i think Posh n Go is for longhairs.
You could try using a baby wipe on Susannah, see if that gets rid of the staining, If not they can be bathed from 12 wks, just have to make sure they are totally dry before they go outside :)

Cheers Niki the babywipe idea sounds good as i dont really want to bath her yet with it being cold. Think i will order some of the shampoos for when they need a good bath. Will try the baby wipe tomorrow. Dont think the stain will bother her but i dont want her to be smelly.

i used the Gorgous guinea shampoos and they brought munchkin up and brilliant shade of white thatd id never seen her before..

when i wash mine i blow dry them and put a water bottle wrapped out in a couple of bath towels in their cage to kelp them keep warm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back