• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Berties manhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimm

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my piggie bertie done, hes living on his own now but i was given him by someone who was keeping him with 3 other females (which were always pregnant as he was never taken out! and also all the babies were pregnant too). He seems really lonely now and always hides away, he has plenty of attention but he seems lost without pig company.

So i was wondering if i get him done and when hes had his 3 weeks quarantine how do i go about introducing him to the 2 females that he may be living with?
I'm worried that he might tourment them all the time or that they might fight with him or between themselves.

Does anyone have a castrated male living with females? Does he annoy the females all the time?

Please help :-\

Sounds like a great idea!

I have a neutered male living with a female and they are fine...they never bother eachother! I also have an un-neutered male living with a d female and they are fine too :)

good luck with it all, but i'm sure it will be great!

Sorry that was meant to say ''spayed'' female not ''d'' female ::)

I think it depends on the girly you put him with...if you take him to the rescue and let him choose...you should be able to find one that lets him get away with harassing her to a certain extent, but will let him know if hes taking it too far! :) O0

I put I neutered boar with my two Sows he never got a choice and they get on great :)

I have a neutered boar living with a sow too, he doesn't bother her but if he meets a new lady he struts his stuff, has a bit of a rumble & when he's attempted to mount them he's usually put in his place with a few swift kicks to the chops ;)

I read on a site somewhere (can't remember where) that a male guinea pig who has already been sexually active may hound a female even if he is neutered, more than an un experienced younger male would.
i don't know how true this is ?

I definatly think thats true! Thats why I suggested he could choose his own girlfriend that will match his personality! :smitten:

when i took toffee to pick a male guinea pig from the rescue, she was introduced to scooby who i sooooo wanted, he was a stray so they had no history on him, on meeting he went maaaaaaad for her, he was tooo much, and toffee picked charlie instead, who wasn't as intent to get to her,i felt guilty for not taking scooby until I read that info on a site, and then realised we made the right decision,. he might not of calmed down like charlie has.

I think you definatly made the right choice! They are such happy piggies together! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think its lovely when they choose eachother! :smitten: :smitten:

If i did get him done he would be choosing from the females i already have, i know that two of them would deffo give him a run for his money cos they are both devils :) The others i have are a quieter.
Its just something I'm looking into at the moment, he lives near some females and doesnt seem to be at the bars or trying to squeeze his head through the bars like one of the males Fidget(RIP) used to do.

If you want a lazy male piggy u should meet sid. My dad was sat holding him last night and i was sat with bam-bam, now take into account that sid is 'intact. Bam-bam was interested in him so i let her sniff, sid lifted his head up sniffed her chin layed down and that was it....he didnt even care. I think the only thing sid gets excited about is his greens and the treat box (he loves his choc drops)

PerfectPiggies said:
I think you definatly made the right choice! They are such happy piggies together! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I think its lovely when they choose eachother! :smitten: :smitten:

thanks perfectpiggies, yes the choice was a good one, and although he was chasing her to start with all that has died down now, he still chases every now and then, but just mainly rumbles at her now,and they are living happily together.love sweet love :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back