Bereavement advice

Guineapig lover

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
peach finally passed away at a reasonable age of 7. Despite having numerous medical issues. But I’m left with a dilemma which I’d like advice on. Following the passing of her buddy two years ago we got her a friend Timmy. Peach was spade so we hoped they’d get along, but she was having none of it. So they lived side by side in parallel cages. Timmy is much younger, but I’m struggling with next steps. Is it ok to keep him on his own? I didn’t want to keep adopting Guinea pigs forever particularly as we have a young puppy in the house and they are indoor pigs. But I don’t like the idea of rehoming him as he is a lovely tame Guinea pig and there is no guarantee he would be any happier elsewhere. I Genuinely don’t know what to do for the best and would appreciate your thoughts as I’m really struggling with this one.

Attachments

• BC163C7E-C731-436E-B53A-D8C7499492C2.webp
    BC163C7E-C731-436E-B53A-D8C7499492C2.webp
    153.4 KB · Views: 8
So very sorry to hear of your loss 🌈 sleep tight Peach

With regards to Timmy, have you considered boar dating at a reputable rescue? Perhaps there could be a foster arrangement? So that Timmy's friend can be returned to them when Timmy isn't around anymore. That could be a way to break the piggy cycle?

If you do make the difficult decision to surrender him, please use a reputable rescue rather than advertising him or passing him on. That way homes will be vetted

So very sorry to hear of your loss 🌈 sleep tight Peach

With regards to Timmy, have you considered boar dating at a reputable rescue? Perhaps there could be a foster arrangement? So that Timmy's friend can be returned to them when Timmy isn't around anymore. That could be a way to break the piggy cycle?

If you do make the difficult decision to surrender him, please use a reputable rescue rather than advertising him or passing him on. That way homes will be vetted
What a good idea, I hadn't thought about fostering. I'll look into it. Thanks everyone.

Sorry to hear about your loss, peach will be having a wonderful time over the rainbow bridge.

Holding you in my thoughts and wishing luck for you and Timmy whatever path you decide to go down in the future :luv:

Back