• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Beni's lump

• Thread starter Thread starter claire
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claire

Hi Everyone

Beni has hand a lump on his bum for a few months, i got the vet to check it out and he said it was nothing to worry about, last night i got him out and i noticed that the lump had burst and had a little bit of pus coming out of it. I cleaned it all out and now it just looks like a little cut, He was squeaking a bit but he now seems to be fine and is eating and drinking fine.

He is booked in at the vets at 5:15 tonight, is there anything that i can do until then.

xx

This sounds like a harmless sebaceous cyst.They do sometimes burst and extrude a white toothpaste like substance.This is not pus, it is the caeceus content of the cyst.

Just bathe the area with saline solution,and it will heal itself and dry up.

Thanks Mary

Do you think i should still take him to the vet just in case?

It has scabbed over this morning ans he seems fine.

If i do go to the vet, what treatment should he have.

Hope he's better soon! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :-* :-* :-*

I would cancel the vet appointmen t for now,and just keep an eye on it.All the vet will do is offer antibiotic which is unnecesary,and he may want to remove it surgically.

Now it has scabbed just let it dry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back