Behaviour change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpm

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've not had my piggies long, almost 2 months now, and they are getting to be very friendly and comfortable with me. George was the smaller of the 2 and used to love sitting on my knee for ages. I went away on holiday for a week, and now it's like he's a completely different piggy. He's grown a lot more so he's almost as big as his brother, and now he just won't sit still. I put both on my knee and I get so frustrated because they won't sit, they just want to wander off all the time. They're not scared of me, they just dont seem to settle down.

Have they got used to someone else looking after them and have forgotten about me? Or this is just because they're growing up and developing personalities?

I want piggy cuddles back :(

Give them time they will come around a week is probably a long time in a piggys world they may just be giving you the cold shoulder for going away my girls do that then I bribe them with a little food and they give in :D

Give them time they will be back to normal before you know it! Give them lots of cuddles and treats and they will soon be pop corning again! ;) i remember when me and my partner went on holiday and the first thing i did when we got back was go and see my rats (i didnt have piggie then) only one girl was a bit funny, and looked at me as if to say " where have you been mum?" after lots of hugs she was soon back to normal! Yor little piggies will be fine! :)

Agree, however, it could be just where they are growing up. They may have got some more confidence as someone else has been looking after them. Give them some time and you will soon know why they are behaving like they are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back