Behavior Question

Sunny&Tui

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello! I’ve just introduced a baby into my herd of 3 guinea pigs. Bonding went really well (yay!). I did notice though that one of my pigs has been coming up to the new baby and laying down and stretching her back legs out behind her, which i’ve never seen any of them do? This isn’t a concern at all I’m just curious about why she might be doing that and thought someone here might have answers :).

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like a relaxed pose. Is it a bit like this? If yes then that is a piggy who's feeling very chilled. IMG_20240426_210211.webp

Hello! I’ve just introduced a baby into my herd of 3 guinea pigs. Bonding went really well (yay!). I did notice though that one of my pigs has been coming up to the new baby and laying down and stretching her back legs out behind her, which i’ve never seen any of them do? This isn’t a concern at all I’m just curious about why she might be doing that and thought someone here might have answers :).

Hi

Stretching the legs out at the back means that the piggy is very relaxed and confident. Is there are second exit in case the baby wants out?

Hi

Stretching the legs out at the back means that the piggy is very relaxed and confident. Is there are second exit in case the baby wants out?
Yes, I made sure all hides had at least 2 exits. It’s crazy how much they all seem to like the new pig lol, they’re all trying to nap as close to her as they can!

Right now just Tui is inside but there have been times all three of my big ones have been trying to lay next to her in there haha

Oh Cricket joined them right as I was about to post I’ll add that pic too

Attachments

• IMG_6643.webp
    IMG_6643.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6640.webp
    IMG_6640.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6642.webp
    IMG_6642.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6639.webp