Bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have tried newspaper on the bottom and paper bedding from pets at home but it gets everywhere.

i looked online and a few sites said to use wood based cat litter which i am trying now.....has anyone else tried this?

how dusty is it? I think that's normally the main thing to look out/avoid......
I'm using fleece/vetbed kinda thing which i am getting on OK with although it is a bit of a pain washing.
Si

ours are housed outside and we use the old fashioned wood shavings, straw in the bed area and hay in the opposite corner

Nx

its not very dusty just like pellets of food but its wood so absorbs the urine etc. hoping to go get lily a vet bed

i use newspaper with hay on top the newspaper gets changed every day i used to use wood shavings but then found out it wasent that good for piggies there is less mess now as wood shavings used to end up every where in the house it is more time consuming now as i clean out everyday instead of every 2-3 days as wood shavings are more absorbent but it is now better for the piggies

i wouldnt personally use wood pellets, especially if they are as small as food pellets and they swell up once wet as in the piggie eats one by mistake and it swells once they have a drink it could make the pigger ill, probably not the most comfortable thing to walk on either.. but ive tried various options of bedding you just need to find one thats works best for you. Ive got newspaper and hay with my lot as a change them either every day/other day so its easier to just roll up and relay new :)

We use them for the rabbit, who's a house rabbit, and he gets on fine with them.

Still on shavings for the piglets though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back