Bedding.

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Does anyone use bobble bath mats with puppy pads underneath? If so does it work ok?

I've tried them. didn't like it. the poops LOVE to stick between those little nibs. it makes the clean up process to put it in your wash longer imo. honestly a sowing machine and fabric will last you a life time... trick is for fabric is your guinea pig doesn't care what the pattern is so you shouldn't either.... find the last of a roll and buy it. say you want 10 meters and theirs 12 left. they'll give you the excess for free. find something on sale to get an even better dealer.. i got 20 meters of matereal that was on sale and they threw the final 4 meters in for free cause no one would buy it... white fleece for days.

I don’t use them personally at this moment, but I may do so when summer comes round and my boys have to come indoors because I’ve heard so many good things about them. I know there are many on the forum who do use them and those people tend to love them. Hay doesn’t tend stick to them like it does to fleece.

When I use bobble bath mats, it’s always on top of our main cage liners which have a Zorb middle. Our bath mats get changed more frequently, as they are used in high traffic areas or under the hay pile.

Never had any problems, but some of our bathmats are better than others for absorbency. We have a mix from various places.

(Actually the problem we have had is one mat now has a couple of bobbles missing after some pig decided to try it out as a snack! Also Hector 🌈 once decided to see if the back was tasty- he soon gave up).

I use a mix of bobble mats and fleece with newspaper underneath. Bobble mats are great because hay is easier to remove and they dry so quickly. However like @AidaB I had a piggie who chewed the bobbles but only in the corners for some odd reason. The others aren‘t interested.

I use fleece in the main cage and bobble mats in the hay areas. Hay shakes off the mats and doesn't need vigorous brushing like fleece does. One of my boys discovered he could pull the bobbles out of the cheap mats I got in Poundland. He can't pull them out of the Wilco mats though so I make sure the Poundland ones don't go in his cage, the other boys don't attempt to pull them out. I love the mats and wish I had used them sooner. I put newspaper under the mats.

I don’t use them personally at this moment, but I may do so when summer comes round and my boys have to come indoors because I’ve heard so many good things about them. I know there are many on the forum who do use them and those people tend to love them. Hay doesn’t tend stick to them like it does to fleece.
I use bobble bath mats on top of fleece at the moment and it's great the hay just comes off, was just curious about pee pads under them instead of fleece. I've realised I'm not a huge fan of fleece liners.

I use fleece in the main cage and bobble mats in the hay areas. Hay shakes off the mats and doesn't need vigorous brushing like fleece does. One of my boys discovered he could pull the bobbles out of the cheap mats I got in Poundland. He can't pull them out of the Wilco mats though so I make sure the Poundland ones don't go in his cage, the other boys don't attempt to pull them out. I love the mats and wish I had used them sooner. I put newspaper under the mats.
Yeah I use them in hay areas on top of fleece too but I'm not a huge fan of fleece liners so was thinking of using all bobble bath mats to cover the cage floor (think it will be 4,maybe 5) with pee pads underneath.

I got mine from Asda and Tesco, they're really good quality and wash well.

I use a mix of bobble mats and fleece with newspaper underneath. Bobble mats are great because hay is easier to remove and they dry so quickly. However like @AidaB I had a piggie who chewed the bobbles but only in the corners for some odd reason. The others aren‘t interested.
I also use fleece and bobble mays but I'm not a fan of fleece liners I've realised. Think I might give the pee pads and bobble mats a whirl, if it doesn't work ill just go back to fleece and grin and bare it 😂

When I use bobble bath mats, it’s always on top of our main cage liners which have a Zorb middle. Our bath mats get changed more frequently, as they are used in high traffic areas or under the hay pile.

Never had any problems, but some of our bathmats are better than others for absorbency. We have a mix from various places.

(Actually the problem we have had is one mat now has a couple of bobbles missing after some pig decided to try it out as a snack! Also Hector 🌈 once decided to see if the back was tasty- he soon gave up).
Mischievous little piggie 😂

I use them with fleece at the moment but was just curious if they worked well just on top of pee pads.

I've tried them. didn't like it. the poops LOVE to stick between those little nibs. it makes the clean up process to put it in your wash longer imo. honestly a sowing machine and fabric will last you a life time... trick is for fabric is your guinea pig doesn't care what the pattern is so you shouldn't either.... find the last of a roll and buy it. say you want 10 meters and theirs 12 left. they'll give you the excess for free. find something on sale to get an even better dealer.. i got 20 meters of matereal that was on sale and they threw the final 4 meters in for free cause no one would buy it... white fleece for days.
I currently use them alongside fleece liners and love them but I'm not a fan of fleece liners.

Think I will give the pee pads and bobble mats a whirl and if it doesn't work ill just go back to fleece, I've got 4 liners I had made in etsy because I wouldn't know where to start with a sewing machine 😂

I use Ikea bath mats now - i only have one piggy left so most of the wee and poo is in the hay trays - she has 2 still.. i don't need to change as often as i did with 3 piggies. I use disposable puppy pads and newspaper under them.

I tried all bobble mats in Timmy and Freddie's cage but found Timmy can't run so fast when he's doing his mad evening zoomies on the mats so he's got an area of fleece for that.

I currently use them alongside fleece liners and love them but I'm not a fan of fleece liners.

Think I will give the pee pads and bobble mats a whirl and if it doesn't work ill just go back to fleece, I've got 4 liners I had made in etsy because I wouldn't know where to start with a sewing machine 😂
yeah its all about preference.. i got my washer drier combo at a used appliance store for $75 each.... if they break, *shrugs*... i can probably get about half that back in scrap metal prices honestly. ive had them for a couple of years too at this point so. also apartment vs house with a yard makes a huge difference.. if you can just shake them off somewhere it makes it way easier to maintain fleece bedding which is what i prefer to use my self.. a big tarp in the room to put under the cages and next to them to give you an area to sweep everything off onto also helps... you can get a tarp for like 40 bucks. probably fill your room or most of it.

Back