Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jack

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I'd really like everyone's help this afternoon (well the next hour actually - sorry short notice) but over the weekend will be good too.

I'm currently using woodshavings, shredded paper and hay in my hutch. I'm really considering changing from woodshavings and have seen bits about something called VetBed and something else called ProFleece. Can anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of these? Would I still need woodshavings too? The shed is getting so messy I spend as much time cleaning up as I do playing!

Does anyone know if P@H sell VetBed or ProFleece as I'm taking a trip out there this pm - hence the urgency needed for replies.

All help and suggestions and ideas would be most appreciated. Many thanks :smitten:

I don't use it, but I think alot of people get it from ebay ? as far as I know you just put newspaper underneath it,I'm sure someone else who actually uses it will be along soon
sammy x

I use it in part of their cage and yes you put it on a thick layer of newspaper. It is fluffy, sort of like fleece. P @ H do sell it but it is much cheaper to get it online or ebay, shop around O0
You dont need to use woodshavings and you can keep the hay in a rack :)

Thanks for that you two. I'll take a look this afternoon but hubby screams like a banshee if I put my payment details on the Net! Will take a look in P@H just to see if I like the stuff. Do I put it in the whole cage or just the bedroom?

Whichever, it`s up to you. Probably wont get as messed up with shavings etc if you use it in the whole cage and just have hay in a seperate rack. I put mine at the front of the cage so aubiose/hay doesnt go all over the place, but I still use aubiose/hay at the back of the cage :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back