Bedding & Such - Help Please~

• Thread starter Thread starter Darky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darky

Good evening~

I usually use a layer of newspaper and then a thick layer of hay on the bottom of Fry and Laurie's cage - it does the job fine, and they have a fluffy bed in there and usually a towel as well.

But with the new two tier cage, there's no way I can do that anymore, because filling the bottom base alone with hay like that would make me run out way too quickly and would cost way too much, so I'm sticking to just putting hay in the hay racks. For Baby and Yuki currently, they only have shredded newspaper lining the cage.

That doesn't seem right, though - they can move it around too easily, leaving bare gaps, and it doesn't seem like it's enough.

So I was wondering what y'all use for bedding, the bottom of the cage, etc.

I used a layer of newspaper, a layer of towels and a layer of fleece. Well, when I say "a layer" I actually use several layers, except for the fleece.

I use towel & fleece in my indoor cage too.

Outdoor hutches i have newspaper with russel rabbit straw & hay or shredded paper & hay

I use shavings with shredded paper on top, i used to use newspaper underneath the shavings as well but they just pulled it up and ate it! Have you got anywhere to store a bale of hay that was you can stick to what you were doing but it wont be too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back