Bedding, Help!

Packit

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've recently switched over to kaytee clean and cozy white bedding because the aspen bedding I was using was giving my piggies bumblefoot. But it's soooooo expensive for the size of their cage, is their any other options that are cheaper?

Being a UK based forum we may not be able to help with cheaper disposable bedding alternatives given we won’t know US prices etc but this is our bedding guide which you may find helpful.

Bedding For Guinea Pigs - Overview

Fleece is a good option if you have the space/ability to wash and dry it all. Obviously you’ve got the outlay of the cost of the absorbent underlayers and then the fleeces themselves or for proper fleece liners, but they may be cheaper in the long run given they’re reusable.

My piggies live in my shed so I use a a layer of newspaper, then some disposable bedding and meadow hay for bedding in my cages.

I tried Kaytee Clean n Cosy for my two RB boys, I use it for my hamster and it's lovely bedding. But their cage was a 5x2 c and c and it took half of the massive bale to fill it at a time... It was costing me a fortune! I moved them on to fleece liners, then vet beds with puppy pads underneath in the end x

Disposable bedding is very pricey. I went with fleece for my piggies as it is a much cheaper option. If you can't, I would just look around online for cheaper paper bedding. The color of it can sometimes determine how expensive it is.

Back