• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

baytril?

• Thread starter Thread starter abbi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baytril is a broad spectrum antibiotic. Used for when there is an infection or thought to be one :)

Yep, one of my piggies has had it for a respiritory infection.

Didnt know that Karen. Thanx.

Does Baytril work on URTI's though? It doesnt cause any harm does it? ?

Septrin worked much better for one of mine who had a bad infection more all less everywhere. The baytril worked for one of my girls with cystitis and one with a mild URI :) x

I think it does work, just more likely that septrin will work so most people think that there isnt much point messing about with baytril when septrn will fix it :) but most vets will prescribe baytril 1st because its licensed for pigs and septrin isnt *i think* x

Ah, I see. Thankyou.

Woops, I've taken over somebody else thread with my questions again. :-X

Septrin is recommended and used for URTIs and Cystitis etc though Baytril is OK too.

Blossom is on Bayril at the moment for a very mild respiratory infection. I wanted her to be given septrin but the vet did not feel it was necessary as I caught it early :)

i have stopped the meds, he is ok now, he just need lots of tlc and help

well as the piggie doc said, he has lung probs, skin infection, poo and wee probs. But as for now he seems ok. His breathing is still weak, but he is old, probably due to an injury he sustained to his back when he was young which doesnt help. But thankfully he is getting more sprightly every night. I have a piggie salad on every evening and he is always the first to attack the xmas tree and gorge on the melon and fruit! Bless him, he is getting better, gonna take him back to piggie doc again next week b4 xmas for another check just in case he might need more meds b4 the hols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back