• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baytril

• Thread starter Thread starter emilyj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emilyj

Does anyone know how long baytril lasts before you should throw it away? How is it best stored?

Hi Emily,

Baytril is best stored in a cool dark place,no need to refrigerate.Once it has been dispensed into a small bottle which is what the vet would give you,it should be o.k. for about 6 months.

Sometimes Baytril will chystallize after a while,if it does this, dump it.

Thanks Mary - we had some last week from the vet so I will make a note of the date and keep it as you suggest.

thanks for that I always wondered how long it would last as I didnt hardly use any for Digby.

Beware the odd vet who will tell you it doesn't keep well once decanted into a small bottle - they are after your money >:(

As Mary has said, if you keep it somewhere dark and cool it should be ok for about 6 months - the date it was issued is usually on the label showing the dose etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back