• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baytril/pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alison

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My current foster pig has a hard lump under her armpit, i took her to the vet today and they prescribed Baytril for a 10 day course, if it hasn't worked she may have to have it removed surgically. Anyway i would like to query the dosage she was prescribed, she told me to give her 1ml once a day.
She currently weighs 1048g and could possible be pregnant as she was dumped in the store in a cage full of males, she would be around 30 days pregnant, i have been weighing her weekly and she has only put on 25g in the past 2 weeks i have had her, but i think that is down to her eating veggies.
A couple of questions really will she be having too much baytril as i thought the standard dose is 0.4ml twice a day and will baytril harm her babies if she is pregnant.
Any advice welcome. Thank You. :)

CCT recommend 0.4ml x2 daily, yes. That is the usual dose my vet gives too- though occasionaly there are exceptions. If I was you I would phone Vedra at CCT for advice. She will know which questions to ask you regarding your guinea and give you info based on that :)

07721 026401 to text/phone your message to Vedra.

I was told 0.3 for Blossom who is a very large piggie given twice a day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back