• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Baytril Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have to give my sow Baytril for Cystitus. I mentioned to the vet about giving it via syringe (0.2ml) and was just wondering do I give it neat? Also He has said to give 1g of probiotic per day either in food or mixed in water and given via syringe. Is there a recommended amount of water to mix it with?

How much does your piggy way? only asking as i usually give 0.3ml if Duke is under 800g or so and when he's over that he gets 0.4ml twice a day.
I syringe the baytril without anything mixed in, make sure you shake the bottle well if they've added flavouring cause it tends to settle down the bottom of the bottle.
Sorry unable to help with the probiotics cause we don't have one available here in Australia :-\
Good luck with your little girl sending healing wheeks for her :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

She weighs 1kg. Thanks for your help Glynis. I must say its fab having members over in Oz because we can all still get advice during the night!

Off now to try and syringe feed!

What probiotic are you using?.If it is Bio-Lapis make the powder up as per instructions on the satchet.
As Glynis has said,the correct dose for Baytril is 0.3mls per day ,or 0.4mls for a bigger pig.0.2mls is useless.Septrin is a better antibiotic for cystitis,so if the Baytril does not work,ask your vet to switch over.

Sorry I should of said 0.2ml twice a day so she will be getting 0.4ml. To be honest though I think I got more down her chin today than in her mouth!

I don't really know the name of the probiotic but the only instructions say to sprinkle on food or mix with water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back