Bathmat Bedding

EltonOttieandFlo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I just want to check it is ok to use bathmats as the main bedding in my cage? I have a layer of towels underneath to help absorb.

New piggie owner overthinking everything and hoping my girls won’t be too warm! This is my first time using fleece like bedding.

(The radiator in this room doesn’t work so it is switched off)

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    118.2 KB · Views: 32
Ive never used an absorbent layer with bath mats
Never had a single issue
The mats I have are thick and all water is absorbed so having an absorbent layer underneath would be pointless

We use bath mats in a few spots, but always with an absorbent pad underneath. Some are of our noodle bathmats are better than others at absorbing.

I use noodle bath mats in some spots too. I have newspaper underneath the mats and correx lining the cage. As @AidaB says, some bath mats are better than others at absorbing and unfortunately one of my piggies likes to chew the bobbles so I have to keep a close eye on them 😱

I've seen these and I'm interested in how well they work. We have a couple in the actual bathroom and they're great for that, but I feel like the guinea pigs would chew on them?

We don’t normally have any trouble with our boys eating the bath mats, Hector once decided he desperately needed to eat the back of one. Since then he has left them alone. It must have smelt like food! Bath mats work well for us on top of something else, I like to keep it hay piles on top of them too.

I use them in their “bedroom area”, I slip a small layer of newspaper underneath but it’s never wet

Back