Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so I had to give Wookie a bath yesterday (first one) as he seemed to have managed to marinate himself in a puddle of wee! I felt really mean as I don't think he enjoyed it, he was wrapped in a towel shaking on my lap afterwards, is this normal, I'm sure he wasn't cold!?

I did him in a washing up bowl with warm water, animal shampoo and a little conditioner, and dried him with the hairdryer on cool afterwards!

Weather wise its now alot cooler.....so please ensure he is completely dry and maybe put him on a snugglesafe heatpad to ensure he keeps warm after.
I'm sure he will be fine

:D Piggies will tremble when they come across something that they don't like and are a bit frightened of. (A couple of mine tremble at first when I get them out for a cuddle.) Maybe using the hair dryer on warm setting, rather than cool, would have helped to keep him warm. Hold it at least a foot away from him. As long as you make sure that he is completely dry before putting him back in his hutch/cage, as @lawz says, he should be fine.

I had him in for hours he was nice and dry when he went out again, I think it was just that he didn't like the experience! Hopefully he will keep himself cleaner! He smells beautiful and is lovley and silky now though! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back